To protect you from COVID-19, we are offering a quick and easy remote intake process by telephone or video chat. Call us at 314-241-1020. Learn More

Posted on July 19, 2018 by

What Should You Do When You Find Neglect or Abuse at a Nursing Home?

The abuse or neglect of the elderly is a very big deal in St. Louis, and it’s probably not reported often enough. If you have a loved one in a nursing home, it may shock you when you discover that they’re being abused or neglected. You may feel as though your hands are tied, and wonder what you should do. Unfortunately, this is a situation that many families find themselves facing.

How to Report Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect

Your very first step should be to report the abuse to the Missouri’s Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline. You can do that by calling 800-392-0210. Once you make the report, an investigator will be assigned to the case right away. They may offer your loved one a variety of services, including community support, legal representation and even financial assistance.

When Should You Consult a St. Louis Nursing Home Neglect Attorney?

It’s best not to put off talking with a lawyer. You need to find out what type of compensation is due to you or your loved one if they have been a victim of abuse or neglect. A qualified St. Louis nursing home neglect attorney will be able to give you all the facts regarding your case. They’ll also fight hard for the victim’s rights to be protected.

No one should be a victim of nursing home abuse or neglect. Please get legal representation right away.