Multiple Victims Hospitalized After Hit and Run
Recently in West Alton, 6 people were hospitalized following a hit and run accident on U.S. Highway 67. The St. Louis hit and run lawyers at Hoffman and Gelfman want you to be aware of these dangers so you can keep yourself and your family protected from careless drivers.
F150 Towing Camper Run Off the Road
Traveling south on U.S. Highway 67 near the state line at Missouri Route 94, an F150 towing a camper was struck by a maroon truck. Six people between the ages of 14 and 43 were hospitalized following the collision. According to police, one suffered serious injuries. The driver of the maroon truck fled before police arrived at the scene, and police are requesting anyone with information to contact St. Louis Regional CrimeStoppers.
What to Do in a Hit and Run
If you’re the unfortunate victim of a hit and run:
– Don’t follow the fleeing driver.
– Once safely parked, contact the police immediately.
– Quickly write down as many details as you can remember, such as vehicle make, model, color, tag number, and known collision damage.
– Note the time, location, and cause of your accident.
– Gather witness contact information.
– Take photos of the damage to the vehicle, and your location.
– Don’t wait to file, contact your insurance company ASAP.
Uncovered who left you high-and-dry in a hit and run? Contact the St. Louis hit and run lawyers at Hoffman & Gelfman today.