Recalled Product may still cause a Problem
In December the Dunecraft Company recalled their product “Water Balz” after one was swallowed by an eight month old toddler. She was x-rayed and the ball had lodged in her small intestine where it could have perforated that organ and caused sepsis and possibly even death. If you have these in your home Hoffman & Gelfman advises that they be removed immediately as the recall happened last year and some may not be aware of it.
Consumer reports has warned on April 2, 2013 that a similar product, Orbeez beads, made of a polymer material that expands when immersed in water, is still on the market and are not being recalled as of this writing. They can be troublesome because they look like candy and swallowing one or more of these expanding beads can be dangerous.
This product has warnings that children under 5 shouldn’t play with them but consider the possibility of a four year old who shares a room with a seven year old who has the product. At Hoffman & Gelfman we have successfully litigated consumer product claims for injuries suffered by children and adults. If you or your child have been harmed by a toy, or any other product, visit our website and schedule an appointment with one of our St. Louis Personal Injury attorneys today.